Sidewalk Accident Lawyers
in New York City
NYC Sidewalk Accident Lawyers
Slip and fall accidents with injuries on New York City sidewalks are one of the most common types of accidents. The injuries from sidewalk accidents can have a lasting effect on a person’s physical and mental health. It is important to know that property owners in New York City are required by law to maintain their properties in a safe condition and are liable for injuries that occur in and in front of their property. When a person has a slip and fall on a sidewalk, the result can be serious injury or even death. The sidewalk accident lawyers at Ross and Hill have a history of helping clients to understand their rights and to receive the compensation they need to recover from injuries caused by a property owner’s negligence. Common Causes of Sidewalk Accidents Handled by Ross and Hill Include:
- Cracked, Raised, Broken or Uneven Sidewalks
- Snow and ice
- Raised flagstones
- Raised sidewalk grating
- Holes, depressions, and cracks
- Sidewalk vaults and defective access panels
- Injuries from Falling Debris
- Dangerous Conditions When Construction Sites are Set Up Adjacent to the Sidewalk
- Spills or Other Serious Hazards
Sidewalk Accidents and Traumatic Brain Injury Victims
Sidewalk accidents can be heartbreaking events that cause serious injuries like head trauma, facial trauma, back and neck injuries and hip fractures. These sidewalk injury accidents may often cause medical bills, loss of time from work and pain and suffering. The Law Firm of Ross and Hill, with offices in Brooklyn and Manhattan are experienced personal injury attorneys and have achieved over $100 million in verdicts and settlements for the seriously injured accident victims in the New York City Metropolitan area.
For decades Ross and Hill have litigated or settled cases for countless clients. With this litigation experience and extensive legal knowledge and resources, the firm can direct your personal injury accident claim to a successful conclusion. Using the latest techniques and qualified experts in construction and safety, your accident is investigated for the injury-causing defect to establish financial liability on the part of property owners, contractors and others. This includes researching if there are past violations on the property in question and tireless work on your behalf to earn you the most compensation you deserve for your injury. Our accomplished personal injury attorneys have the legal knowledge and resources to prove who was at fault and recover every dollar of compensation available to you.
Ross and Hill can help you receive the compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Loss of income
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
Only an experienced attorney will know how to evaluate and build your case for maximum compensation. Where necessary, Ross and Hill will get court orders to obtain leases, repair records and other evidence exposing all parties liable for the accident.
A Resourceful Legal Team Working For You
You may be running out of time to file a suit if your sidewalk accident-related serious physical injury has been caused by the negligence of a state, city, county, local municipality, or other government entity. You should act now and call Ross and Hill for a free consultation before it is too late. To preserve your right to bring a claim for compensation of your injuries, a Notice of Claim must be filed within 90 days of the date of the accident. We will investigate your sidewalk accident, gather the relevant evidence, and obtain & submit the appropriate documentation necessary to protect all of your personal injury rights and get you the compensation that you deserve.
At Ross and Hill, we are personal injury attorneys who can help you recover the compensation you deserve for your Sidewalk accident injuries. We have a long history of success in representing hardworking men and women.
Ross and Hill have achieved an outstanding reputation battling against insurance companies and other large adversaries in Court on behalf of the seriously injured. Representing individuals and families in their lawsuits for over 30 years, our accident lawyers are well informed and eager to listen and address all of your concerns and provide options. We passionately represent New Yorkers and their families in serious injury and wrongful death claims, we do not take shortcuts, we provide each sidewalk, pedestrian accident or any sidewalk and personal injury case with our knowledge, resources, experts, engineers, medical doctors and anything it takes to win your case.
There are different sources of evidence that can be used to prove your sidewalk accident claim:
- Photograph the sidewalk: Someone must go to the scene of the accident as soon as possible to take photos of the defect that caused your injury. As stated earlier, property owners will most likely repair the defect quickly to avoid fault.
- Photograph all injuries: Document your injuries in photos as soon as possible. There needs to be a record of the severity of the injuries while they are still fresh.
- Seek medical treatment for your injuries: It is not enough that you have been hurt, you need to visit and be under the care of a qualified medical professional to document your injuries and care. If you do not know a qualified medical team, Ross and Hill can provide you with some options for medical professionals in your area.
- Video evidence: Many businesses and homes now have outdoor cameras or doorbell cameras. These can be invaluable to show evidence of the defect that caused you to be injured. The surrounding premises should be canvased for these recordings.
- Witness statements: Witnesses to your accident can also give valuable information about how the injury occurred. If a good samaritan came to your aid when you were injured, it would be helpful to find them so they can give a statement on your behalf.
- Expert testimony: Ross and Hill may hire experts in safety or construction to review your case and testify on your behalf. In mediation or at trial, these can bolster your case.
- Documentation history of the premise: In some cases, you may not be the first person to be injured at a location. Our premises liability lawyers will gather all documentation pertaining your injury including police reports, accident reports and any violations that may show a history of negligence on the part of the property owner.
Contact Ross and Hill if you have been injured because of dangerous conditions on a sidewalk, stairway or elsewhere and believe someone’s negligence caused the accident. We encourage you to contact our law firm now. Our best sidewalk accident lawyers will provide a free consultation and you pay nothing unless we win. We will even come to you or send a car to bring you to our Brooklyn or Manhattan office at no cost to you.
Call 718-855-2324 for your free initial consultation. Se habla español.