Manhattan Premises Liability Lawyers
Did you suffer a serious injury in a Manhattan store, mall, restaurant, or any type of property belonging to someone else? The Manhattan premises liability lawyers of Ross & Hill can help pursue compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and other accident-related damages.
Contact us today to consult a skilled, experienced premises liability attorney in Manhattan and find out the potential value of your case.
How Common Are Premises Liability Accidents in Manhattan?
Every day, Manhattan residents suffer injuries on someone else’s premises, including retail stores, shopping malls, swimming pools, and other properties.
According to NYC Health, many of these accidents are unintentional falls, which rank as the leading injury-related hospitalization cause. Fires and burns, which also often occur on public premises, are the second leading hospitalization factor in young children in NYC. At the same time, unintentional poisoning occupies the #2 position in adults aged 35 to 64.
Where Can Premises Liability Accidents Happen?
Premises liability accidents can happen on any type of property, such as:
- Retail stores
- Restaurants and bars
- Houses of worship
- Apartment complexes
- Amusement parks
Accidents on the sidewalk next to someone else’s property may also count as premises liability cases.
Examples of Accidents That Can Occur on Public Premises
Various types of accidents can serve as grounds for a premises liability case, including:
- Slips and falls
- Animal bites
- Impacts from falling objects
- Accidental poisoning
- Elevator accidents
While many accidents on commercial and public premises are comparatively slight, others are catastrophic and contribute to the nearly 8,000 NY residents who, according to state data, pass away from injuries every year.
Potential Compensation for Premises Liability Accident Victims
While every premises liability case is unique, settlements usually cover:
- Accident-related medical costs, both current and prospective
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of meaningful activities, consortium, and companionship
A judge may also award punitive damages in cases involving egregious negligence or intentional harm.
What To Do If You Sustained Injuries on Someone Else’s Premises
If you suffered an accident on someone else’s property, you should always:
- Seek medical attention. Only a full check-up can determine how serious your injuries are.
- Notify the property owner or manager of the accident. Be polite, avoid arguing, and save all communication logs.
- Gather evidence. Save your medical records, photos and video footage of the accident scene, witness testimonies, and any other relevant documentation.
- Avoid making compromising statements. Never say, “I think this was partly my fault” or “I feel almost fine” when talking to the property owner or insurers.
- Contact a Manhattan premises liability lawyer for reliable legal guidance. Let your lawyer handle the entire claim process, including communication with insurance companies.
In most NY premises liability cases, you have three years from the date of your injury to take legal action. However, the sooner you assign your case to a lawyer, the better your chances of building a strong case and securing the appropriate compensation. Your lawyer may suggest that you wait until your injuries reach maximum improvement and your recovery prospects become clearer before filing a claim.
Resources for Premises Liability Cases
How Ross & Hill Can Help in Your Premises Liability Case
Any type of serious injury on someone else’s property means you need to work with a skilled Manhattan premises liability attorney. Only assertive legal representation can protect your rights and ensure your settlements reflect your case’s true value.
When you entrust your premises liability case to Ross & Hill, you benefit from:
- Accurate case evaluation. We’ll assess all available evidence, explain your options, and give you a realistic estimate of your claim’s worth.
- Decades of experience. Our competent legal team has been representing personal injury victims for almost four decades.
- Aggressive representation. We know how to handle negotiations with insurance companies and other potentially liable parties.
- Trial experience. We’re fully ready to take your case to trial if settlement negotiations fail.
- Free consultations and no upfront fees. It’s simple: You only pay when we win.
Ross & Hill: Relentless Legal Support for Your Premises Liability Case in Manhattan
If you suffered an accident on someone else’s premises because of a building code violation, a preventable hazard, or any other reason, contact us at Ross & Hill. Our law firm has a proven track record of successful outcomes representing clients in premises liability cases in Manhattan and all over NYC.
Call 646-351-6222 or fill out our online form to schedule a free consultation with one of our Manhattan premises liability lawyers.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you suffered an injury on someone else’s premises, you must prove, first, that the property owner neglected their duty to keep the premises safe (for example, by failing to remove a known hazard), and second, that the unsafe condition led to your accident. An experienced personal injury attorney can help you establish liability.
While most premises liability cases settle out of court, your attorney may suggest taking your case to trial if the property owner or their insurer denies responsibility or the settlement offer falls short of covering your accident-related damages.
When communicating with insurers, stick to the facts and refuse to give a recorded statement. Never accept any settlement offer before consulting a lawyer first.
When choosing a Manhattan premises liability lawyer, look for a reputable law firm with an established track record and solid reviews from former clients with cases similar to yours. Beware of any attorney who makes exaggerated promises or assertions, like claiming to be “the best premises liability attorney in NYC.